If Evolve Online Bookkeeping process your payroll, the good news is that you do not need to do anything. From 1 July, we will lodge your Single Touch Payroll when processing your wages. To allow this to happen, we will ask you to sign a standing authority allowing us to do this. This authority lasts for 12 months.
To Opt into STP:
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay employees.
- In the message about Seamless reporting with Single Touch Payroll (STP), click Get started.
- If you don’t want to opt in right now, close the message by clicking Remind me later. To reopen the message, click Setup Single Touch Payroll.
- Click Opt in to confirm.
- Review your organisation details. If necessary, click Update Organisation details. Xero will redirect you to the Organisation details page. Otherwise, click Continue.
- Connect your Xero account to the ATO. You only need to connect once. Call the ATO on 1300 852 232 or visit the ATO Access Manager if you use an AUSkey.
- Provide the ATO with the proof of ownership listed in Xero’s prompt. This includes your Australian Business Number (ABN) and Software ID (SSID).
Once this is complete, you will have the ability to lodge after each payrun is completed.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if ever you need a professional and trusted bookkeeper in Sunshine Coast, or if you have any concerns in your business.