When paying wages, after you post your pay run, you can choose to download the ABA file. Once downloaded, log into your internet banking and upload the file. You may need business internet banking for this, but if you are unsure, just contact your bank.
When paying bills, you can do batch payments to bundle one or more bills together in one transaction for payment.
How to Create a Batch Payment
- Go to Accounts > Purchases.
- Click the Awaiting Payment panel.
- Check the box next to each bill you want to include in the batch payment.
- Do not include payroll bills in batch payments. To create an ABA file for a payroll bill you must download it from the pay run
- Click Batch Payment.
- Click OK.
- Select your payment date, bank account, and enter details
- Click Make Payments.
After you create a batch payment
When you create a batch payment, it will:
- Move each invoice to the Purchases > Paid tab
- (If the payment was made from a bank account) Create a payment transaction of Payment: multiple items under Bank Accounts
- Not import the file to your bank account. Export the file and upload it to your bank account.
After you’ve created a batch payment, you can:
- Email a remittance advice PDF to let your contacts know you’ve paid them.To do so, either click:
- Send Remittance if you’ve made a batch payment.
- On the next window, enter all the information to the required fields.
- Click send when done.
- Export the payment file and upload it to your bank to pay the bills in the batch.
To export your batch file,
- Go to Accounts > Bank Accounts.
- Click the name of the bank account you made the batch payment from
- Open the batch payment.
- Your batch payment is either named Payment: Multiple items or Payment: Name/Organisation (for one payment in the batch).
- Click Export Batch File to download the batch payment file.
Importing your saved batch file to your bank
Importing saved batch file to your bank may vary. If your bank offers the option to process batch files in either single statement line or multiple lines, choose the single statement line.
It’s also important that you do not change the file format and the data in the file.
If all of this is unclear, contact your Evolve consultant and we’ll be happy to talk you through what’s required.