Unscheduled pay runs allow you to adjust a pay run of missed pay items, reverse or fix incorrect wages.
Here the steps to be made if you need to fix a pay run:
- Go to Payroll, then click Pay Runs.
- Click + Add Pay Run.
- In the Select a pay period list, select Unscheduled pay run.
- Select a pay calendar and a pay period.
- Click Next.
- Select the Included column check boxes to include the employees in the pay run.
- If required, click the employees’ names and amend their payslips.
- Click Save and then click Close.
- Click Post Pay Run.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Unscheduled pay runs only go back for 3 or so months (8 pay periods), so if you need to do a period earlier than this, the option is to create a new pay calendar and update the employee who needs to be included with this new calendar.
When correcting a pay run, we recommend that you make the adjustment easy for the employee to identify. For example, you may wish to reverse what was paid and enter it in again with the correct items and amounts (see image below). This is especially handy when the wrong pay rate was used. This also ensures the correct hours are recorded as worked and that you haven’t doubled up on annual or sick leave when trying to fix a pay rate.
To avoid future payroll mistakes, we’ve listed the 3 most common errors made on pay runs, so you’ll know you’re human and sometimes these things happen.
- Annual and personal leave calculations
- Correct allowances as per the award
- Penalty Rates as per the award
To further help you, here are our five top recommendations to make payroll a breeze:
- Set up and use pay templates
- Ensure all employee details are correct.
- Pay funds directly to employee’s bank accounts via bank uploads (ABA Files)
- Ensure employee super details are correct
- Register for Auto Super to make superannuation payments easy
If you need help in correcting your pay runs or in need of setting up a payroll system, contact Evolve today on (07) 5413 9393.